Cledara asks for 2-factor authentication (2FA) in the following login scenarios, whichever comes first:
- every 30 days in the same browser on the same device
- whenever you log in with a new device
- whenever you log in with a new browser
Switching the 2FA method
There are 2 ways to complete the second-factor authentication upon login: SMS code or Authenticator app.
Your Admins can define how your team authenticates on the 2FA prompt in Settings > Security > 2FA:
Set up the authenticator app
Once "Authenticator app" is selected as the Login 2FA method, your workspace users will only need to follow 3 simple steps to set up their authenticator app the first time they log into your workspace:
- Open the authenticator app of your choice. Either scan the QR code or enter a setup key provided in the app. Here's a mock-up of what it looks like:
- In Cledara, click Next.
- You will see a field to enter a one-time code. Check your authenticator app and enter the time-based code shown there. Then click Log In in Cledara to access your workspace: